Press release | June 16, 2022
USMCA and Yamaha Announce Laps For Learning Fundraiser for Schools in Waverly, Tennessee
This is a press release from R2R…
Opportunity to win a free Yamaha YZ motorcycle and a free trip to the USMCA Riding Clinic at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch.
Temecula, Calif. (June 15, 2022) – The US Motorcycle Coaching Association (USMCA) and Yamaha Motor Corporation USA are proud to partner to raise funds for local schools in Waverly, Tennessee, devastated by the deadly floods of Last year. Waverly and the nearby Loretta Lynn Ranch are recognized by many as the heart of American amateur motocross. The community suffered extensive damage resulting from the massive floods that hit the area in August 2021.
By launching the Tours to learn fundraising in cooperation with Racers 4 Waverly and the Road 2 Recovery Foundation, the USMCA and Yamaha encourage all riders four (4) years of age and older to create a personal donation page to raise funds for the school district by Waverly. The top 10 fundraisers will receive a free six-day trip to Loretta Lynn’s Ranch in October for an exclusive USMCA motocross riding clinic and Yamaha fall riding experience. During this trip, one of these top ten fundraisers will be selected to receive a free 2022 Yamaha YZ motocross bike. All money raised will go directly to the recovery efforts of Humphreys County Schools as they relocate and rebuild the new permanent homes of Waverly Elementary and Waverly Junior High School. Funds raised through the Laps For Learning initiative will go towards land excavation and site preparation, green spaces including but not limited to outdoor classroom spaces, state-of-the-art technology and state-of-the-art security for schools. Humphreys County schools plan to rebuild better than before.
“Loretta Lynn and the Waverly community have meant so much to amateur motocross racing over the years, so it’s truly an honor to team up and give back to this community at a time of such dire need,” said Christy LaCurelle. , president of the USMCA. . “With the Laps For Learning site, it’s easy to set up a donation page, and it’s a truly unique opportunity for our top fundraisers to receive expert off-road coaching, insider access to Loretta’s legendary track. , and one lucky rider may even bring home a brand new Yamaha YZ.
VIDEO | 2022 Loretta Lynn Ranch reconstruction after Waverly floods
Entrants in the Laps For Learning fundraiser should see the Laps For Learning website and the full official rules of the Laps For Learning contest for full details.
Highlights include the following:
- Contest open to all legal residents of the United States four (4) years of age and older
- Fundraising begins June 14, 2022 and ends August 15, 2022
- Participants must create a profile and a donation page on the TOURS FOR LEARNING website be eligible
- By visiting the Laps For Learning website, read the contest details and click on the “I want to fundraise for this” icon to start creating a donation page
- Share the donation page with as many people as possible to generate funds during the eligibility period
- The top ten fundraisers will be determined on August 15 and notified by phone, text and/or email
- Top ten fundraisers receive a free* trip to Loretta Lynn’s Ranch October 11-16, including a USMCA motocross riding clinic and a Yamaha fall trail riding experience (*covered expenses include a map $250 gas for the trip and either a cabin for up to four people or RV hookup provided by Yamaha bLU cRU, motocross clinic provided by USMCA, jersey, riding pants and gloves from FOX Racing, fees trail provided by Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and lunch provided by Yamalube)
- Each of the top ten fundraisers will enter a raffle with a randomly selected winner to receive a free 2022 Yamaha YZ or PW motorcycle of their choice (subject to pre-determined age limits, see official rules for details )
- The top ten fundraisers eligible for a free motorcycle receive contest entries based on the amount raised, with each $500 representing an additional entry (i.e. the more money participants raise, the better their chances of winning)
- The winner of the free Yamaha motorcycle will be announced after the USMCA Motocross Clinic on October 12
The top 10 fundraisers for the Laps For Learning initiative will be announced on August 15, 2022 via phone, email and a social media announcement. The top ten fundraisers must be in attendance at the October Riding Clinic to be eligible for the Yamaha Motorcycle Free Draw. The public can support the Laps For Learning initiative without entering the contest by simply making a one-time or tax-deductible monthly donation on the website.
For more information, visit road2recovery.com