Atlanta Georgia, USA, July 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Triumph Motorcycles are delighted to report that development is well advanced on a full lineup of all-new competition motocross and enduro bikes. Joining our class-leading and globally recognized range of motorcycles, this brand new family of MX and Enduro (Dual Sport) competition motorcycles will bring all of Triumph’s technical expertise to riders and racers around the world.
This will be accompanied by a historic moment for Triumph and the MX and Enduro racing world with an all new Triumph factory racing program and a commitment to top championship racing in the motocross and enduro series. .
Going hand in hand with this commitment to race and win at the highest level in the sport, Triumph is proud to announce that world motocross legend Ricky Carmichael and five-time world enduro champion IvÃ¡n Cervantes have joined the Triumph family in as active partners in both bike testing and race preparation.
An announcement of the motorcycle launch and unveiling schedule, as well as the race program and full product benefit story of the new Triumph MX and Enduro offering, will follow in the coming months.
Nick Bloor: CEO of Triumph Motorcycles Ltd:
“Today’s announcement marks the start of a new chapter for the Triumph brand,
that everyone at Triumph is incredibly happy to be a part of. We are 100% committed
to have a lasting impact in this highly competitive and demanding world, with a unique ambition to deliver a winning range of motorcycles for a whole new
generation of Triumph riders’
“I am delighted to announce that I am joining the Triumph family and even more delighted to be part of their new company in the off-road product category.
It is an incredible opportunity for me to join this historic brand, and I am honored and honored to be a part of the development and release of their off-road motorcycles. Building something from scratch is something that really intrigues me at this point in my career. What impresses me is Triumph’s dedication and passion to develop a premium product. Everyone that I have been involved in this project, engineers, design groups, R&D department etc. have shown extreme passion for what they are doing and this is a recipe for success and something that I love to be a part of.
We all share the same passion, and that is to be the best.
If you know the Triumph brand, you already know that the craftsmanship is top notch, and off-road models will follow their past!
Not only are these times exciting for me, but it’s an exciting time for the off-road industry to add another brand to the mix and the opportunities available to all off-road consumers. I can’t wait to see the reactions when these models hit the dealership showrooms.“
“I have loved Triumph motorcycles since I was little, seeing them in movies and on TV. So working with Triumph from the start of this project is an amazing opportunity for me, not only because it works with one of the biggest motorcycle brands in the world, but also to be part of building something from zero. It’s a dream come true for any runner!
Like me, everyone I work with at Triumph is focused on making the bikes the best they can be. I can’t wait to see the bikes compete globally, but I also can’t wait to be at a Triumph dealership and know that I was a part of this very special project.“
Ricky Carmichael – The Goat
For many, this Motorcycle Hall of Fame inductee will not need to be introduced. Ricky Carmichael is the greatest motocross racer of all time, aka “The GOAT”. As an amateur RC, he won 67 national championships, before turning professional at 17. In his professional career, he won a record 15 motocross championships, with two perfect seasons, and five other supercross championships. In motocross and supercross, RC has won an unmatched number of 150 races. Always popular in the paddock and with fans, RC has been voted AMA Rider of the Year five times during his career.
Since retiring from pro level motocross racing as an athlete, RC has always remained heavily involved in the sport he loves, owning a championship winning team, designing tracks for the Daytona Supercross, leading Ricky Carmichael University, commenting on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, and working with Triumph on the sport’s most exciting development in decades.
IvÃ¡n Cervantes – El Torito
Five-time world champion IvÃ¡n Cervantes’ career began in motocross, where the Spaniard won five national titles, before moving on to enduro in 2002. At 23, IvÃ¡n made history by becoming the first champion Spanish of the EnduroGP E1 category. He went on to win three more EnduroGP World Championship titles and one FIM Indoor Enduro World Championship title. In 2008, IvÃ¡n became the first and only overall winner of Spain, during the 83rd edition of the International Six Day Enduro. After his Enduro career, IvÃ¡n turned to the Dakar for his next challenge, where he raced three times and finished what is arguably the toughest motorcycle race in the world, twice.
After his retirement from professional level racing, IvÃ¡n began his work with Real FederaciÃ³n Motociclista EspaÃ±ola, as Sporting Director of Enduro in Spain. In this role, IvÃ¡n is the manager of the Spanish junior enduro team and the track inspector for the Spanish National Enduro Championship. IvÃ¡n’s emphasis on giving back to the sport that has given him so much sees IvÃ¡n joining Triumph for the unique opportunity to work on a new off-road project.
– FINISH –
For more information contact:
Stefano Campaci, Global Head of Public Relations and Sponsors
Gina D’Ambrosio, Public Relations Manager, Triumph Motorcycle America [email protected]
Notes to Editors
- Established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 118 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2020. For more than three decades, Triumph Motorcycles have been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and have produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
- With more than 75,000 motorcycles delivered in fiscal 2021 and nearly 700 dealers around the world, Triumph is Britain’s largest motorcycle manufacturer.
- This focus, innovation and passion for engineering has today created a wide range of motorcycles suitable for all riders, including the stunning new Speed ââTriple 1200 RS and Trident 660, the epic Tiger 900, the World-leading Rocket 3 R and GT, the high performance Street Triple 765. RS, iconic Scrambler 1200, transcontinental Tiger 1200 and the legendary Triumph Bonneville family updated for 2021, including the Bonneville Bobber, Thruxton RS, Street Twin, Street Scrambler and the iconic Bonneville T120 and T100, plus an exciting and accessible A2 range of Motos Triomphe.
- Triumph currently employs around 2000 people worldwide and has subsidiaries in UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden (Scandinavia), Benelux, Brazil, in India, China and Thailand as well as a network of independent distributors. . Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand, as well as CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
- The Triumph Bonneville, famous for celebrating Triumph’s 1956 land speed record on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, USA, was the original British superbike and a race winner, chosen by famous motorcyclists of the past for its legendary handling. , style and character. Updated for 2021 with even more performance, capability and style, it’s that iconic handling, character and looks, paired with modern driver-centric technology that makes the new Bonneville family THE modern classic choice. authentic today.
- Triumph has a glorious racing history, competing and winning races in almost every class and area of ââmotorcycle sporting success. From the victory of the second Isle of Man TT in 1908 to the road and track domination of the 1960s in Europe and America, to contemporary racing exploits with the triumph Daytona 200 2014 triumph of the 675 Triumph cc, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersports TT win, the 2014 and 2015 British Supersports titles and World SuperSport races, and in 2019, with another win at the Isle of Man Supersports TT, by Peter Hickman.
- The racing legend of Triumph has continued to be the exclusive supplier of engines to the FIM Moto2 â¢ World Championship since the start of the 2019 season. Triumph Motorcycles provide all teams with race-tuned 765cc triples, each being based on the class-leading Street Triple RS powertrain. Redefining class and breaking record after record in the inaugural year, including the very first top speed in Moto2 â¢ at +300 km / h, the 2020 season has gotten even faster with 11 more lap records and seven different winners over 15 races.
- Triumph’s racing activities are further enhanced by a return to the British Superbike paddock in 2021 with a factory-backed racing team, Dynavolt Triumph, in the British Supersport Championship.
- In 2021, Triumph announced its upcoming entry into the motocross and enduro worlds as well as a new factory racing effort, with a commitment to top level championships in the motocross and enduro series.