Hero Splendor is the best-selling bike in India by far. The bicycle is highly regarded for its fuel economy. However, Hero MotoCorp has announced a price hike for its entire line of bikes which also includes the Splendor.
The prices were updated last week and all new buyers since then have had to pay the updated price. The company claims that the prices have been increased in order to offset the impact of the increase in raw material prices. The automotive industry has gradually increased the prices of its products due to the increasing costs of raw materials. Even maker of high-end midsize bikes, Royal Enfield has suffered several rounds of price hikes this year.
Here are the revised prices for the different Splendor variants:
The entry price for the bike, however, remains the same at ??64 850 (all prices excluding showroom) for the variant with kickstarter and drum brakes.
- Splendor Plus (starting with drum brakes): ??64 850
- Splendor Plus (self-starting with drum brakes): ??67 160
- Splendor Plus (self-starting with drum brakes and i3S): ??68,360
- Splendor iSmart (drum brakes): ??69,650
- Splendor Plus 100 million edition: ??70 710
- Splendor iSmart (with disc brakes): ??72,350
- Super Splendor (drum brakes): ??73,900
- Super Splendor (disc brakes): ??77,600
Earlier this month, the company said it would raise the prices of its products ahead of the sale season. The company claimed that prices would climb up to ??3000, depending on model and variant.
Despite the price hike, the company remains bullish on demand as it gears up for the upcoming holiday season. Hero MotoCorp reported a 22% drop in total sales to 4,538,879 units in August from the same month last year. The company had shipped 5,84,456 units to its dealers by August 2020.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!