Fans of 90s motocross, this one’s for you! Let’s take a look around the Giveaway Life Mickaël Pichon 1996 KX125 replica…
Restored and built to a high standard by the talented Chuck Davies of 90s motocross, the beautiful 1996 Mickael Pichon KX125 Kawasaki is the ultimate race machine for retro enthusiasts, or to take pride of place in the living room at the House.
With the new VMXDN event at Foxhill taking place later this year, the Kawasaki fits right into the Super Evo 125cc class, which includes machines dating from 1990 to 1996. You’re not ready to mess up the old girl or hitting bars with the pros? The Kawasaki is the perfect practice bike to roam the paddock and bring back the nostalgia of the 90s.
Pichon’s original 1996 machine was built in the lavish Pro Circuit Kawasaki workshop in California. Pro Circuit started virtually from scratch with the KXs, as the production bikes had new cases, ports, gear ratios, shorter intake, new head, pipe and smaller carburetor.
The original chassis modifications started by stripping the frame and beefing it up around the yardage, upper shock and link brackets. Tabs have been welded in for a slide plate, and multiple welds have been reworked for added strength.
With this machine rebuilt and trimmed to a high standard, no expense is spared, and it’s no shocker once you feast your eyes on the bike. It includes new Kawasaki bearings, nuts, bolts and a wide range of additional parts:
The specification includes:
- New Pro Circuit exhaust
- New Pro Circuit Team graphics kit and matching seat cover
- New slide plate with legs welded to the frame
- New rear brake disc and oversized front disc
- UFO Full Fluorescent Green Plastics
- New black Excel rims
- New Dunlop tires
- New pads, brake rebuilds, seals
- New Venhill braided front and rear brake hoses
- New Renthal sprockets and DID chain
- Original (and very rare!) Renthal Silver/Purple handlebars, grips and fabric Renthal Barpad
- Factory spec oversized footpegs
- Completely rebuilt forks and shocks with new internals
- Completely rebuilt engine with all new Kawasaki OEM bearings,
- New gaskets and ProX gaskets
- New Billet Clutch Basket
- New Vertex Piston Kit
The best thing about this Kawasaki? You can WIN it!
The competition to win this dream construction will end on Monday 31st January 2022, so go to Giveaway Life on the link HERE to get your last minute tickets.